2011 was a pretty good Christmas, though not a completely fun one…I decided to go to work today in order to earn some extra post-holiday money. Luckily, there wasn’t a whole lot of work to do, so I got through the day pretty stress-free. Here’s a quick breakdown:
Stuff I gave out:
- two albums for Dad: Thin Lizzy’s “Shades of a Blue Orphanage” and Grace Jones’ “Inside Story”
- The Help on DVD for Mom
- Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs for Sara
- a $25 iTunes gift card for my sister
- Batman: Arkham City on PS3 for my brother
Stuff I got:
- an LG Optimus V phone from Mom and Dad
- a $10 GameStop gift card from my aunt
- Kirby: Mass Attack on Nintendo DS from Sara
- the Ico/Shadow of the Colossus collection from my brother
- some money and clothes (including a shaving kit)
Gift I’m most excited about: the phone, since I can use it to get stuff from the “official” Android App Market, which I can’t do with the tablet I bought a few weeks ago. That, and I can also upload pics properly again (Virgin discontinued the picture uploading service I used on my own phone).
Gift I’m the most surprised about: Kirby: Mass Attack. I’d told Sara about in passing in an e-mail one day, but I wasn’t sure if she would actually be able to get it. I hope she enjoys what I got for her, too.